We bear witness to the kingdom of God inaugurated by Jesus, a kingdom of peace, justice and joy which liberates human and gives happiness in living their lives. This Kingdom is not to be found in the clouds but it is already in our midst (Lk 17:20-21) and it grows each time, we let ourselves be guided by the Spirit of God. The Spirit constantly brings about our apostolic renewals, religious awakenings, and communities that become the new blood of the Church, which grows old and constantly needs renewal. The Holy Spirit is the principal agent who inspires the faithful to proclaim the Gospel to the four corners of the world. We each one of us are called to witness the resurrection of Jesus and messengers of Gods Kingdom through Holy Spirit.
Our Vision :
“To live the values of Jesus and nurture them among the people and thereby helping them to live a life of fullness.”
We are the evangelizers :
We understand that all our ministries in the Congregation are the means of evangelization. Some of us are in direct evangelization ministry and others in indirect evangelization. All our communities serve and help the local Church. Only in the momentum and growth of the local church, the social transformation begins. Hence service in the local church is our primary concern. Our evangelization ministry has two main dimensions:
- To respond to the signs of the times.
- To visit families and liberate them from the clutches of the world
1. To respond to the signs of the times:
Responding to the signs of the times, we extend our evangelization to the following areas:
- Organizing awareness programmes and teachings of the church among the youth and women groups
- Visiting the prison and celebrating the feasts with them
- Celebrating the important events like Founders Day etc meaningfully with the people and the inmates of the campus
2. To visit families and liberate them from the clutches of the world
Our sisters in all the communities takes interest to visit the families. They make use of this chance to invite people for the church activities and motivate the children and youth. During house visiting, they give counselling and help them to understand their role in the family. Sisters help them to unite the family bond and teach to maintain health, hygiene, cleanliness and bond of family spirit.
The following are activates undertaken as part of the evangelization:
- Teaching catechism on every Sunday with creativity.
- Taking in - charge of the choir
- Distributing communion in the Church and the sick and elderly at home
- Preparing and conducting liturgical services
- Animating the pious associations
- Attending parish council meeting
- Conducting VBS classes during summer vacation
- Taking part in the occasions of the families like baptism, funeral mass, thanks giving mass, festival time etc
- Giving faith formation to the children in our boarding, neighbouring villages, parish and schools through teaching catechism, conducting bible classes and competitions, preparing them to receive sacrament.
Evangelization through various Ministries:
By virtue of our sacred vocation, Jesus so lovingly called us to him, He consecrated us and has sent us into the world to proclaim His Good news. Therefore, the main objective of our religious life and ministry is evangelization.
Through education ministry:
In all our educational institutions, we evangelize to the staff, students and parents through our life and ministry. The following efforts are taken to inculcate in them the aspect of faith in God and life:
- Catechism classes for catholic students
- Moral science classes for the students from other religions
- Two days retreat for the students and staff separately
- Seminars for all the students on life and values
- Preparing the catholic students to participate in the Bible quiz and other competitions conducted in the school/diocesan/state levels
- Vocation day
- Involving the students in charitable activities
Celebration of Christmas and Founder Day to help the students to understand the value behind these celebrations.
3. Through health care to the sick, dying and crippled
We preach the ‘Good News’ of the Lord through our loving approach and committed service. We who are involved in health ministry,
• give counselling to heal the mind and the body
• visit the sick in their homes and nearby hospitals
• take communion to the sick, invalid and the aged and prepare the sick for confession/last sacrament
4. Through the social work ministry
The present unjust system in the society leaves behind many victims. They are uncared and exploited. Our call demands us to identify these target people of our charity, extension and human concern. Our Congregation in its journey trying to extend a helping hand to the needy and oppressed specially the women. We, in our social work centres like orphanages, homes and other units of human service, speak the dignity of human person and they are consoled and strengthened.